Hello Lamp Post
Hello Lamp Post is a communications and engagement platform that uses AI technology to make urban environments interactive.
By digitally transforming places and spaces, Hello Lamp Post is encouraging communities to playfully interact and chat with their local area, using their mobile phone.
In doing so, communities are invited to give feedback to local decision makers and influence improvements to areas in which they live, work and play.
About Hello Gorey
Hello Lamp Post is being trialled in Gorey to explore how technology can change the way the public thinks and interacts with the public realm – all through playful, innovative digital experiences.
By encouraging residents and visitors to engage with familiar objects around the town (like lamp posts), the project provides:
- The opportunity to help shape the future of Gorey – by asking people to directly give anonymous, real-time feedback to the council with what improvements and experiences they’d like to see around their local areas.
- A way to build a stronger connection with the town and community, through AI.
- A channel for transparent two-way communications with Gorey’s decision makers and community – to improve satisfaction and local democracy.
- A new outlet for people to share their memories, perspectives, thoughts and feelings about Gorey.
- The chance to learn more about the history and culture of Gorey, in an accessible and instant way.
How to Get Involved
- Look out for our yellow coloured signage on lamp posts around the town.
- Scan the QR code or text the phone number assigned to each lamp post, and follow the instructions.
- Press send to start the text message conversation.
Standard text message rates apply.